It is just two days from now and the Microsoft Management Summit 2012 [ MMS ] in Las Vegas will be in full swing and hopefully some nice new System Center 2012 will reach RTM or even General Availability.
In parallel , Sybex has released two sample chapters of the upcoming book Mastering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager that is currently in the process of being printed.
The fist is “Chapter 3” which describes the process of SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012 migration process by discussing:
- The migration of Conﬁguration Manager 2007 objects
- The migration of Conﬁguration Manager 2007 clients
- Minimizing WAN impact
- Flattening the Conﬁguration Manager infrastructure by reducing the number of primary sites
- Maximizing the re-usability of x64-bit hardware
- Explaining the options available for Application Deployment.
- Detailing the various components required for Application Deployment.
- Understanding the role of and manage distribution points.
You can download it using the link